With the 2019 NFL Draft officially behind

With the 2019 NFL Draft officially behind

chenyan94
 us Donnie Shell Jersey , one NFL executive sees the Steelers’ moves as more than just another offseason."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Latest NewsSteelers Film Room2018 NFL Draft AnalysisLatest NewsLatest NewsAnonymous team executive sees the Steelers 2019 NFL Draft as a sign they are far from doneNew,45commentsWith the 2019 NFL Draft officially behind us, one NFL executive sees the Steelers’ moves as more than just another offseason.EDTShareTweetShareShareAnonymous team executive sees the Steelers 2019 NFL Draft as a sign they are far from doneKirby Lee-USA TODAY SportsWhen you look at the AFC North there are plenty of people who believe the Steelers’ reign near the top of the division is coming to a close. With the Ravens and Lamar Jackson looking to reload, and everyone and their brother jumping on the Browns’ bandwagon, it is easy to think the Steelers would be taking a backseat.After all, they lost Le’Veon Bell to free agency, traded Antonio Brown to the Raiders, and have a defense which wasn’t exactly dominant last season. But don’t look at this and think the Steelers are done. Far from it Tyson Alualu Jersey , actually.The team extended Ben Roethlisberger for two more season and traded up in the draft to take Devin Bush with their first overall pick in the process. On top of that they added an Antonio Brown-like receiver in Diontae Johnson, a power running back in Benny Snell Jr. and a long and athletic cornerback in Layne Johnson. Throw in their offseason acquisitions if Mark Barron, Steven Nelson and Donte Moncrief and this team look as if they are poised to strike in 2019.The fine folks at ESPN spoke to several NFL executives about the 2019 NFL Draft, and they chimed in regarding the Steelers’ draft, and what they thought of the team heading into next season.See what was said:An exec thought Johnson closely resembled Brown in terms of testing numbers and overall look. Those are all great, but the team will still have to replace those 15 offensive touchdowns Brown accrued last season. But what about the team as a whole? Will changes be made? Are the Steelers a team on the decline?See if we can compete? I would argue the Steelers will compete in 2019, but what do you think? Will the rookie class perform well? And will the Steelers be a team to compete with next season? Let us know in the comment section below! Steelers rookie cornerback Justin Layne knows a thing or two about making changes.The defensive back wanted to play receiver at Michigan State. Coach Mark Dantonio convinced Layne to play defense.“I wasn’t in favor of it at first, but it worked out Javon Hargrave Jersey , so I’m in favor of it now,” Layne said Friday, via Joe Rutter of the .Dantonio thought Layne’s size would help him become an even more effective pass defender than pass catcher.“There are a lot of 6-2, 6-3 receivers, there are not a lot of 6-2, 6-3 cornerbacks that can move like me,” the 6-3 Layne said. “I was thinking about my future for the most part.”Layne’s future is now, as a member of the Steelers. Pittsburgh’s decision to pick Layne prompted him to immediately remove Cleveland Browns socks that he was wearing on draft night and then to remove all Browns gear from his family’s home Justin Hunter Jersey , including a Browns-themed bathroom — which would have been an entirely appropriate place for Browns gear during the 2016 and 2017 seasons.“Browns everywhere, my dad took it all down and replaced it — literally everything, every flag I had,” Layne said Friday, via Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com. “So it’s all done. We are fully committed.”Layne grew up in Cleveland, attending Browns games as a child. And while it’s obvious that he would have preferred to play for the Browns, incoming players have no choice but to accept a system that gives them no options (other than sitting out a full season) if they end up being drafted by a team for which, deep down Jerome Bettis Jersey , they’d rather not play.The good news for Layne, to the extent that he can’t shake the kind of die-hard fandom that the NFL wants its customers to have, is that he’ll be able to sign with the Browns after his rookie contract expires in four years.